[ale] Fwd: [freeside] It's Official: Atlanta Maker Faire (Not Mini!)

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Thu May 1 09:35:03 EDT 2014

I am the one who cross-posted the Maker Faire notice.

Last year I bought a pretty good-sized arduino hardware kit there at a
bargain price.  I'm quite comfortable developing arduino code on my linux
box.

One of the booths there featured a device similar to this (
http://jasongriffey.net/librarybox/ ) -- a small box with a wifi POP and an
SD card slot which you could connect to with your phone or tablet to access
content stored on the card (like, say, copies of _Fun_Home_ (
http://confessionsofaboytoy.com/2014/02/22/colleges-lose-funding-for-assigning-alison-bechdel/)).
 Of course its guts are Linux.   I come here for distro wars,
vi-vs-emacs, or in jokes about video drivers,  The Maker Faire is fertile
ground for innovative uses of open hardware and software.

-- CHS