[ale] adobe reader install

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 15:11:29 EDT 2014

funny!

I'm all up for a linear tax :-0 (the exponential curve is harder for idiots
in congress to understand)

Think slope. The more you make, the higher the rate BUT if you make more,
you will keep more than someone who makes less (no more stupid "brackets").
But for this to work, there can be no deductions. So april 15 is a one page
form. Enter total income. find tax due in lookup table or use formula.
enter amount withheld. balance|refund due .

There's a bottom limit for income tax (um, duh! Below that point someone
makes too little to be really self-sufficient). So lets throw in some
"politics" for that number. How much money does a war widow with two
pre-school kids need to make to be totally self-sufficient? Set THAT as the
highest income before income taxes kick in :-) That one is sure to make
some fun news days!

Oh. And the slope gets steeper automatically if we have troops getting shot
at. No more deferred war funding.  And the overall slope needs to be based
not on unemployment but employment. That's easier to count and uses far
less fudgework (WTF does "seasonally adjusted" _really_ mean? It's OK to be
unemployed right after the new year?!?)

How 'bout a top end to the rate? nah! Warren Buffet can cough up a ton and
not even blink.

Oh, yeah. I lied. there is one deduction: if someone dies in the line of
duty (not available to ELECTED people), that persons prior year income is
deducted from their surviving family's income during the income
calculation. It's divided up between dependent children until they turn 25
(when does one _stop_ being a parent) or the surviving parent for up to 5
years with a decrease of 20% each year after the first. If no dependents,
it's a one time deduction for the parents of the deceased.  So police,
firefighters, military, teachers, garbage collectors, any one who does
public service work that is NOT elected has this.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 2:51 PM, Paul Cartwright <pbcartwright at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 03/26/2014 02:07 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> > The "tax" are  3D "T" shaped thing that are flat on the top and pointy
> > on the bottom. The "form" is comprised of thousands of these merged
> > together all designed to cause a moderate degree of pain during
> > handling. For most people, it's an annual torture process. For people
> > crazy enough to start a business, it can be a daily process.
> >
> > The only good thing that comes from these "Tax Forms" is that the
> > group suffering caused by their annual handling is far less than the
> > suffering that would ensue if no one did the "tax forms" ritual
> > torture and the societal chaos that would follow from the collapse of
> > "the system" in to vigilantes, thugs and small, powerful fiefdoms of
> > Googleshere, Amazonity, Applishus States, NewYorkdom, The Unified
> > Southland Plantations Bible Camp, and the Midwest Whirlwind
> > Consortium. Texas would, of course, have already seceded.
> and the flat tax would get rid of ALL of those forms...
>
> ( ducking and running for a tax shelter)..
>
> --
> Paul Cartwright
> Registered Linux User #367800 and new counter #561587

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*