[ale] Linux for a Charter School

Boris Borisov bugyatl at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 17:24:15 EDT 2014

Something else: At my previous employer there are about 100 citrix
terminals sitting in boxes. I have tried to boot from usb and works
perfectly. You can ask them to give you price on package or donate to you
(Churches are all about donations). I believe these terminals consume
around 5W or 15 W I can't remember.

http://www.realwire.com/writeitfiles/V%20class%20high%20res.jpg

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 5:14 PM, Boris Borisov <bugyatl at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can do some work for free on LTSP if you want to. Although my experience
> dates back to 2002-3 with versions 3.x and 4.x.
>

> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 5:07 PM, Greg Clifton <gccfof5 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks guys, I  give those projects a look. The school wouldn't be
>> operational until fall of '15 if I have the schedule down right, so this
>> will give time for "self education" and testing on some of the old hardware
>> I have laying around before the systems would be needed. "In the land of
>> the blind, the one eyed man is king," so I may become the resident "expert"
>> by default.
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 4:25 PM, Beddingfield, Allen <allen at ua.edu>wrote:
>>
>>> You should be able to come across old P4, Core 2 Duo, and Athlon x2
>>> systems almost for free...  they would be great for such a project.  Pair
>>> 'em with some good LCDs, swap out the noisy fans/hard drives that will crop
>>> up, and you are in business for cheap.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Allen Beddingfield
>>> Systems Engineer