[ale] End of XP

Jay Lozier jslozier at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 12:53:56 EDT 2014

Greg

Zorin is good replacement especially with Wine and PlayOnLinux
installed. It is Ubuntu based so it has plenty of packages in the
repository.

An alternate is Linux Mint with the Cinnamon desktop. It seems to be
fairly close to Windows XP/7 that most Windows users can easily make the
transition.

I do not if the accounting software will run well with Wine but I would
try it. If it does not, the commercial version of Wine (Crossover from
CodeWeavers) might do better. Even if they had to purchase a copy of the
commercial version for $60.00 it will be cheaper overall. I did not find
Business Vision listed on CodeWeavers.

Jay

--
Jay Lozier