[ale] partition size increase, using commandline, while VM running - HowTo ?

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Mon Mar 3 10:17:56 EST 2014

You are absolutely correct, but the limitations imposed don't allow resizing a
partition. It is not possible to change the partition size on an actively used,
running partition. It is possible to cheat if LVM is used, but using LVM inside
a VM ... I doubt that the original vHDD has LVM.

To really know what is happening, a **boot-info** script run for the vHDD would
tell all.

However ... since we are talking VMs, there are lots of other ways to solve the
root issue and avoid the desire to resize any partitions. I'd just create an
additional vHDD for my stuff and mount both inside the VM.
a)"VM team" vHDD
b) my own vHDD
Probably mount mine into /opt/ or /var/ ... then I wouldn't need to resize.

There are probably reasons why this suggestion isn't possible. Narahari's
environments are uniquely challenging.