[ale] [ot] Calling for Laptop Reviews

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Mon Jun 30 13:47:14 EDT 2014

Odd you say that as it doesn't match my experience.

My original Thinkpad died after about 4 years in 2008.

The Dell Lattitude that was replaced with was still going strong when it was replaced just because we wanted newer equipment in May 2012.   I did have to replace the battery once in that 4 year period.

The HP Probook 6460b that I've been using since May 2012 has had no problems since I got it.   Since we use pretty much the same equipment throughout the organization I'm pretty sure I'd have heard if we were having issues with the HP desktops and laptops.

The main reason we moved from Dell desktops and laptops to HP was pricing as I understood it.   Apparently even though we've been using Dell servers for years there is apparently no linkage between their server and desktop/laptop lines so far as pricing/customer relationship goes so no benefit in having a single provider.