[ale] Linux news site

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sun Jun 29 15:35:38 EDT 2014

On 06/27/2014 10:53 AM, Boris Borisov wrote:
> Would you share your list of Linux news sites that you visit on daily
> basis to gather news about Linux and Foss. I'm daily on
> WWW.linuxtoday.com <http://WWW.linuxtoday.com> but trying to sources.

Daily?  That stopped a little while back.

Well, not exactly.  Freecode neé Freshmeat was my "home" page for a long
time. I got more news indirectly from that site than nearly any other.

In fact, if a replacement doesn't appear soon, I'm thinking I'll do it
and seed it with the database from Freecode.  I really liked that
system, and people need a place like it to publish their software
releases.  There are some features that could stand to be implemented
anyway, such as the ability to easily and rapidly search by a
cross-section of implementation language and license... (possible on FC
via tags, but it'd be nice if that were an inherent and efficient
operation).

     --- Mike