[ale] Anyone using Supermicro motherboards?

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Thu Jun 26 19:16:26 EDT 2014

Depends on the implementation.  I've got a Dell sitting next to me with
its IPMI interface spliced directly to the on-board NIC (no USB bridges
or anything else).  If you plug their NIC into the wall then you've also
done the same to the IPMI.  The only workaround is to install another
NIC and use that for the main connection.