[ale] OT: question on router

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 23:35:36 EDT 2014

I have an ASUS router RT-AC66U set up in wireless router mode which is
the default. This connected via the WAN port to the Comcast/Xfinity
Modem,Router,AP through the first LAN port. Would this configuration
cause NTP not to work on the ASUS router? NTP seems to be working fine
on my Linux box connected to the first LAN port on the ASUS. I found a
thread on SmallNetBuilder forum that seems to indicate that a setup
similar to this won't work, but the OP's description seemed a bit
sketchy, so I'm not sure if it is the same thing that I'm experiencing.

Scott C

--
Sent to you NSA, the CIA, FBI and God only knows who else?!