[ale] online build-your-own used/refurbished Linux-ready laptop

Dustin Strickland dustin.h.strickland at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 14:31:22 EDT 2014

I second Jim on this one, the W520 is the way to go. Those are some
solid machines, though the T-series "equivalent" isn't bad. Most of
the T520's have an i5, but some of them come with a dual-core i7(as do
some of the W520's, though most are i7 quads). It's very uncommon for a
T-series to have dedicated graphics, but I have seen configurations
with an nVidia card. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the T520's have
a max capacity of 8GB of RAM?

Some eBay sellers will create custom listings if you message them
asking for certain specs. I don't know if many do this with laptops,
but I know there are plenty of people and companies who will make minor
modifications to desktop machines if they have the parts on hand.