[ale] online build-your-own used/refurbished Linux-ready laptop

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 22:25:03 EDT 2014

Look for a Lenovo Thinkpad W520. Do NOT get the 530 or the 510 even though
the 510 will work. It's crap compared to the 520. The 530 is brain dead and
may be the first one designed by Lenovi.
The 520 is a honking desktop replacement with dual graphics each with
dedicated ram. Intel and an nvidia.
Be prepared to drop a was on it. They started at $2600 new. The 510/530
started at $1500.