[ale] wouldn't be as funny were it not true

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 11:04:57 EDT 2014

  <http://linux.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=5264619&cid=47205559>From the
/. announcement of RHEL7 release in the comments:
across IT shops across the nation
<http://linux.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=5264619&cid=47205559> (Score:5
<http://linux.slashdot.org/story/14/06/10/1815208/red-hat-enterprise-linux-7-released#>,
Funny)
 by nimbius <http://slashdot.org/%7Enimbius> (983462)
<http://slashdot.org/%7Enimbius> on Tuesday June 10, 2014 @03:24PM (
#47205559 <http://linux.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=5264619&cid=47205559>)
Homepage <http://nimbius.36bit.com/>
 *C-Level*: Red Hat has a new version of internet, we should install it.
*PHB*:right away! PM! Red hat has an OS! lets install it
*PM*: Of course! Engineering! how are we on the RHEL 7 project!?
*Senior Engineer*: I dont remember getting one did I give it to you?
*Infrastructure group*: you never approved our upgrade to RHEL 4 because it
required Oracle downtime. You never agreed to the RHEL 3 upgrade because
our proxy cant go down or the PHB cant get to facebook. We were told not to
upgrade the RHEL 2 fileservers because the PHB keeps his motivational MP3's
there. The only machine we have running RHEL6 is the one you made us
install four days ago because you attended a webinar..so...i guess we'll
have it upgraded by the end of the week.
*PHB*: whoa there pump your brakes guys...dont touch that server. if you
take it offline i might not be able to get to the webinar next year!

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*