[ale] oVirt anyone?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 19:24:33 EDT 2014

Ovirt is an open-source replacement for VMware. It the management ability
of vsphere that KVM needs.

With Ovirt it's possible to have many storage points with petabytes of
drives serving many hundreds of VM hosts. VMs can be migrated live to a new
host automatically for load balancing across the pool of hosts.
Ovirt supports pools of VMs for "as needed" use.
It can be installed as a single machine with VM Viet and management
combined but it's designed for large scale, enterprise deployment.