[ale] Centos

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 10:47:08 EDT 2014

Take the defaults as offered. That will be XFS for filesystem.

Drive setup:

Use the SSD for /boot and / and swap and put /home on the 1TB spinning
disk. So you will need to do a custom tweak on the drive setup. Use twice
the RAM size for swap up to 2GB RAM After 2GB RAM, use 1.5 up to 3GB RAM.
Above 3GB RAM, use the same size as the RAM for swap.

Make a 500MB partition for /boot and format it as XFS. Use the rest of the
SSD for LVM physical. Create a LVM logical and carve it into / and swap.
Format / with XFS. Make a single partition on the HD and format it XFS
mounted in /home.

KISS principle in action. Unless you really want to manipulate partition
sizes by making the HD an LVM physical drive so you can add/remove
partitions on the fly...