[ale] OT: Office 365

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Fri Jan 31 15:58:36 EST 2014

Well we use Zimbra for web mail & calendar, and it has a "briefcase" feature for storing documents on the server. Then you could still use LibreOffice for local editing. There is also a spreadsheet add-on for it (that you have to buy). Zimbra is open source Linux server based, but you can buy supported version with a few extra features like direct Outlook integration. You could also look at Google Apps offerings.

That said, 365 is probably still better than Outlook on the client. (Talk about a low bar!) Has anyone tried using 365 from a Linux box or Chromebook?