[ale] telnets (secure telnet) anyone?

Justin Goldberg justgold79 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 14:48:20 EST 2014

I ran into secure telnet in reading about (read: book knowledge, not real
world) Mitel equipment. This thread mentions using putty in raw mode, which
is not secure at all.

http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=3189.0

But the Mitel-specific information also mentions using this app, which used
to be given out in the class. They now shy away from using the serial port
except when dealing with tech support and have disabled the telnet service.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/telnet-tls/