[ale] lxc virtualbox stew

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 23:52:07 EST 2014

Continuing.....

Friends:

Happy New Year to all.

Thank you for your help in advance.

I am running Arch Linux 64 bit under VirtualBox as a guest OS on a  Mac
host.  It works well.

Allocated 4GB RAM to the guest OS.

When Virtualbox allocates network, I have setup a NAT config and the Arch
Linux gets 10.0.2.15 ip.

The host hardware box gets ip in the 192.168.x.x from the physical router,
but the virtualbox software dishes out 10.0.2.15 to guest os inside
virtualbox.  I presume the virtualbox software is doing that.

Do I have to use bridge mode for installing lxc on the guest OS ?  or will
NAT work ?

If it is NAT the  the guest OS should dish out, ip's to the lxc's right ?

I am trying to understand the idea of bridge vs nat in relation to outside
the VirtualBox.

Regards,
-N