[ale] OT: just because is funny

Aaron Ruscetta arxaaron at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 10:40:14 EST 2014

>> On Feb 20, 2014 11:17 PM, "Boris Borisov" <bugyatl at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> http://i.imgur.com/VOe71EA.png

All caps ROTFLOL funny!

Having to use VI for a C programming class in my first brush with Unix
(~1991) after I had been using the amazing GUI based CygnusED on
Amiga for years is why I never seriously pursued programming any
further (despite very heavy encouragement from the instructor that
I should make this my career).

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 7:37 AM, gcs8 <gcsviii at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://imgur.com/oPiHDoj

The incompetent client in panel pair #4 suggests "everything
should be wireless".

An associate was running a complicated media setup for
a conference at Emory yesterday.  They control the whole
thing through a laptop interface that connects wireless and
auto logs onto the intranet.  They apparently got cracked by
some clever student who locked out all their controls in
the middle of the presentations.

Accross campus, the high priced, name brand wireless
mics we rented for the event I was recording had so much
carrier hiss that the speakers were very difficult to hear
and we decided to turn them off and have the three person
panel pass around the one wired mic, which was of course
perfectly clear and understandable.

Wireless (like war) is NOT the answer.

in peace,
aaron