[ale] ASUS RT series routers

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 11:15:20 EST 2014

Anyone with an ASUS RT series router? I have the RT-N66U and received
and email today from ASUS_US at edm.asus.com, which I did not recognize as
having received any prior emails from that particular address. The edm
part concerns me the most. The email claims to a Customer Care Notice
with a link (Click Here  button) to download firmware. With all that's
been going on I just want to be sure that this is legite as the site I
wind up at is somewhat different from what I had been to just after 2/14
for an update back then.

http://etrk.asus.com/web_service/P/a.aspx?m=UnitedStates&c=website&e=80&s=19764&md=0&t=A_1

The above is the link copied from the email I received. Again just
checking, possibly just being overly paranoid, but just not sure. Also I
seem to be having problems accessing their site from my old (worked fine
last time I downloaded) bookmarks.

Scott C.