[ale] Build perl modules during perl build

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Feb 17 17:39:37 EST 2014

I've got a question in regards to building extra perl modules.  When I
build for a target I typically do this.

1.  build perl src and install into a temp directory called
/tmp/perl.<UUID>.
2.  Symlink /opt/perl to /tmp/perl.<UUID>/opt/perl
3.  Cd into each extra module src and execute this:

/opt/perl/bin/perl Makefile.pl install

What this means is that I have to have a symlink on the development
machine in /opt before I can begin building modules.
Is there a way I can add each module src to the perl src tree and have
it built in step #1?

For one of these trees I have 131 modules.

I do not want to use cpan each time because all this src will be in SVN
and have to be the same version.

Chris