[ale] non-technical Linux question

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Mon Feb 17 17:01:34 EST 2014

Yeah - I think it was actually the same guy that had bought DR DOS (the erstwhile CP/M  from Digital Research) just so he could sue M$ because it was generally believed that MS-DOS started from QDOS (quick and dirty operating system) which was a somewhat obvious knock off of CP/M.  When he changed jobs either from Novell to SCO or vice-versa he bought it again so he could start the lawsuit from his new company.  From what I could see that probably did have some merit (from original DR owners anyway) but buying products just so you can sue someone seems like a bad business model to me.   I don't know what ever became of that litigation but it was before the SCO/IBM/Linux litigation.