[ale] non-technical Linux question

Wolf Halton wolf.halton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 20:57:36 EST 2014

I got a mandrake Linux disk from a vendor in about 1999. It was essentially
a Red Hat disk with the word "mandrake" written on it with a sharpie. I
found an old pentium and installed it and played around and broke it about
40 times. I never did anything useful with it, just blew it up over and
over, for years.
In 2004, I got a factory-press of the first Ubuntu disk. Got into
alpha-testing Ubuntu on the second release, when finally the mandrake
experience finally made sense.