[ale] non-technical Linux question

Preston preston.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 18:36:44 EST 2014

On 2/11/2014 4:08 PM, Boris Borisov wrote:
> I've read the JD bio from the announcement for the Thursday meeting
> and He says that got introduced to world of Linux in 1993 ...
>
> What is your first encounter with Linux/Unix world?
<snipped>

FreeBSD in late 1994 or early 1995. Linuxwise I started with Slackware
and Red Hat around 1996. I jumped into Debian somewhere around 2000.

I used to distro hop a lot, but those were the staples of my usage.
Heck, I've got boxes of Red Hat and Mandrake that I bought from Wal-Mart.

hmm, I should install a BSD on something to see how things look now.

Preston

--
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
-Dr. Seuss