[ale] Video Signal Loss Issue

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Tue Feb 11 18:33:08 EST 2014

I'm stumped.

My XMBC box is connected to a projector with power saving.  Since this weekend
after system patches, when the projector goes into power save move, the ATI GPU
won't wake up when the project is powered back on.  Only a reboot seems to work.

Running Ubuntu Server with XBMC - no gnome, no unity, no GUI other than XBMC.  I
think XMBC is using a frame buffer - don't think X is installed. No keyboard
connected or monitor, just a remote and ssh access.

Proprietary ATI drivers for the AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics.
The fglrx module is loaded.

Any ideas to wake up the ATI GPU?  My google-fu has failed me.