[ale] non-technical Linux question

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Tue Feb 11 17:15:44 EST 2014

For me, it was around that same time.  I got started with Slackware...  I remember taking forever to get it installed from 3.5" diskettes on an old IBM 486 SX/25, with 4MB of memory, a Connor 420MB hard drive, and a Pro Audio Spectrum 16 sound card.  Getting the X settings right for the old 14" CRT was the biggest nightmare...  I've been hooked since... I went from Slackware to SUSE and Redhat at some point...now I live in the SUSE/OpenSUSE world most of the time...
Allen B.

--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer