[ale] [OT] my hard drive raid array is making funny noises....

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 10:18:45 EST 2014

OK. I get the lead drive (top center facing the camera) sound is made by
driving the head to seek to make tones. The other drives are a zillion
years old and aren't moving fast enough (to my eye) to make the low tones
I'm hearing. Start up noises, maybe?

heh, heh. talk about "techno" tunes :-)

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 9:42 AM, Aaron Ruscetta <arxaaron at gmail.com> wrote:

> <
> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/06/tainted-love-hard-drives_n_4740046.html
> >

> :-)
>
> in peace,
> aaron

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*