[ale] Linux Server Basics Trainer requested by CNN

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 18:05:41 EST 2014

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 5:48 PM, Beddingfield, Allen <allen at ua.edu> wrote:

> Yes, but 20-30 years of experience in the field, whether or not related to
> the technology at hand is valuable.  In that time, the person has learned
> troubleshooting methods, seen things come and go, and learned to adapt.
>
> +1

Yes the tech bits change forms often but the core doesn't. The skills
accumulated over 20+ years are not in a specific toolchain but in an
overall process.

That said, freeipa kicks nis{,+} in the tail :-)

> --
> Allen Beddingfield
> Systems Engineer
> The University of Alabama

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*