[ale] Linux Server Basics Trainer requested by CNN

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Wed Feb 5 17:37:35 EST 2014

Like I said it was typically in larger shops.   In shops where you have only 1-4 admins you often can't really afford to bring junior admins on.   Just getting seasoned admins to really feel comfortable that they know YOUR environment (as opposed to the technical job itself) usually takes about 6 months.

While I might expect any admin to know how to add a user I would NOT expect any admin to know WHICH system is the Payroll dev application server as opposed to the EDI proxy server on day one .   Sure you can have written lists etc... but you have to show them where to find those lists.   And that is just a dirt simple example.