[ale] Linux Server Basics Trainer requested by CNN

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 16:40:54 EST 2014

We use Resume, but across the pond they use CV.

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 4:36 PM, Aaron Ruscetta <arxaaron at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Damon!
>
> What Byron said.  CV is Curriculum Vitae.  It's Latin for "resumé"
> and saves you from having to hunt down that accented "e" character
> on your keyboard.  ;-)
>
> in peace,
> aaron
>
> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 2:41 PM, Damon L. Chesser <damon at damtek.com> wrote:
>> On 02/05/2014 01:08 PM, Aaron Ruscetta wrote:
>>>
>>> A friend of mine who works at CNN has asked for ALE's  help
>>> in locating an experienced, independent Linux professional for
>>> a 3 month (approx.) part time contract, The job involves on
>>> site training of intermediate level computer staff (though mostly
>>> new to Linux) on basic Linux server installation and admin in a
>>> VM based environment.
>>>
>>> The goal of the training is to familiarize attendees with the core
>>> skills of Linux installation, VM management, command line
>>> usage and elementary networking, agnostic to various server
>>> distributions such as Red Hat, CentOS, Debian and Ubuntu.
>>> Exact details of the scope, course content design and number
>>> of sessions involved are in development and dependent on
>>> invited input from the selected candidate.  CNN would like
>>> the training sessions to start as soon as feasible with
>>> compensation to be determined according skill level and
>>> training experience.
>>>
>>> The ideal candidate will be an engaged and capable instructor
>>> with an in depth knowledge of Linux, Linux VM server installation,
>>> server system administration and basic networking across a
>>> variety of Linux distros. CV's should reflect relevant skills and
>>> make note of desired hourly compensation.
>>>
>>> It was requested that interested candidates email their CV's to
>>

>> In context what does CV mean here:  I know approx. what it means, but not
>> exactly?
>>

>>> me and I will pass them on to my CNN contact. Please send
>>> as plain text or PDF attachments only with an email subject
>>> line that includes the words "CNN Training".  Email to:
>>>     Aaron Ruscetta <arxaaron at gmail.com>
>>>
>>> Thanks for your Attention!
>>> in peace,
>>> Aaron Ruscetta
>>> ALE Events Coordinator (etc),
>>> 404.315.0406
>>>

>> --
>> Damon L. Chesser
>> damon at damtek.com
>> http://www.linkedin.com/in/dchesser

Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
Community Manager -- Southeast Linux Foundation (SELF)
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want
Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.
See you at Southeast Linux Fest, June 7-9, 2013 in Charlotte, NC.
www.southeastlinuxfest.org