[ale] Linux Server Basics Trainer requested by CNN

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Wed Feb 5 16:09:00 EST 2014

Personally I don’t think there’s anything evil about bringing MS Admins from the dark side into the light.  Quite the contrary.   Once upon a time I was a lowly DOS user :-)

The question in my mind is how much expertise one can really develop in just 3 months.   Hopefully CNN is actually staffing some experienced Linux admins and are just trying to jump start the rest of the staff enough to avoid bothering the more experienced admins with mundane questions like: “How do I add this user?”

In larger shops I’ve been in we had a mix of seasoned admins and junior admins and I for one enjoyed seeing the latter progress over time.