[ale] ssh is amazing ...

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Mon Dec 29 15:12:07 EST 2014

On 12/29/2014 11:04 AM, JD wrote:
> Don't forget about the ~/.ssh/config file to make life easier.  An example
> stanza (no limit on different stanzas or global options):
Been using config partially for >10 years, but you introduced new
features.  You left out one that's very important, at least for my systems,

  GSSAPIAuthentication=no

Otherwise I have to wait for what seems like forever to connect.

I discovered ssh-copy-id just a couple of years ago.  It's sooooo nice.
sshfs is an absolute necessity for developing on remote servers.  So
much better than my old method of edit locally, save, svn ci, go to
remote system svn update, test, repeat.

Jim.