[ale] ssh is amazing ...

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Mon Dec 29 13:47:11 EST 2014

On 12/29/2014 01:23 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> OK. The config is new to me. I've been hacking up connect scripts for
> years as, well, bash scripts that need a password at some point. This
> just makes it all a warm happy moment. Cool! I'm sure I've read the man
> pages for ssh many, many times. Not sure why I never realized the
> simplicity of the config file.

Right?!!!?   I'd been doing it the hard way for 15 yrs before someone showed
this config file to me.  So simple, but us old-guys don't know it for some reason.

THIS changed my life. Plus it is a handy way to document in a central/useful
place all those remote systems, remote userids and remote ports.

BTW - everyone does know about ssh-copy-id, right?