[ale] OT: Change in UI on Xfinity Modem/Router/Wireless AP

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Fri Dec 26 04:44:36 EST 2014

Just for clarify, Dustin - did you do residential or business work for comcast?

I believe the support, rules, and equipment policies are different.  Also - if a
business has more complex internet they don't allow customer owned edge
equipment, don't want a noob screwing the routing tables accidentally.

For example, the comcast edge router I have will automatically bridge IPs if my
internal devices use any of the assigned public IPs. I have a few devices
connected to the Comcast router/modem and some specify the public IPs while
others (SIP equipment) use NAT on the 10.0.1.x subnet provided by their router.