[ale] Promise VTrak M610i max drive size

Dow Hurst dphurst at uncg.edu
Tue Dec 23 16:40:31 EST 2014

I have a Promise VTrak M610i 16 drive array.  It has eight 2TB drives used
in RAID5.  I've added eight 3TB WD Red NAS drives but the array doesn't
think they are larger than 2TB.  I haven't found the max drive size this
array supports after looking around.  Does anyone know?

The array firmware is old: version 2.31.0000.00

I've asked Promise support if the latest firmware will help, but haven't
gotten a response yet.  I appreciate any answers y'all may have.  If anyone
has dealt with an array of this type and upgraded the firmware, does this
preserve currently configured logical drives?

Sincerely,
Dow
⚛Dow Hurst, Research Scientist
       340 Sullivan Science Bldg.
       Dept. of Chem. and Biochem.
       University of North Carolina at Greensboro
       PO Box 26170 Greensboro, NC 27402-6170