[ale] Open suse 13 and display issues HDMI vs DVI

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 16:17:36 EST 2014

I have a video card with dvi and hdmi connectors.  When Open Suse was
installed I had DVI connected and all worked.  Now I want to conn the HDMI
instead of the DVI but the display never goes to the HDMI monitor.

So I use a HDMI to DVI converter and the display goes to the HDMI monitor.
It works fine in this setup but I want  HDMI output of the desktop to the
HDMI input of the monitor.

Do I have to tinker with the xorg.conf or is there a swappable approach or
run an app that enables HDMI ?