[ale] Open suse 13 and display issues HDMI vs DVI

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Tue Dec 9 07:54:08 EST 2014

I've tried to send this twice already.
Hopefully it will get through this time.

I had an issue with my monitors, where they would only work with what input they were set for.
When I changed input type, say from dvi to HDMI, nothing would show on the monitor.
I had to plug into a dvi port on the computer, then change the monitor settings using the on-screen settings for the monitor.
Even though the on-screen settings were part of the monitor, they wouldn't show up unless there was a recognized signal input from to the active port.
Really, really dumb, in my opinion.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420