[ale] Debian fork thoughts?

Jeff Hubbs jhubbslist at att.net
Fri Dec 5 00:22:16 EST 2014

On 12/1/14, 1:44 PM, leam hall wrote:
> Jeremy and Solomon,
>
> As a non-Debian person I appreciate your insights. I really would like
> a cleaner OS but systemd is not my cup of tea.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Leam
Gentoo's position re systemd is take-it-or-leave-it, but the Gentoo
Handbook (which details the whole installation process) merely mentions
its existence and refers you elsewhere if you want to go that way.
Unfortunately, if you attempt it like I did a few weeks ago when making
a new x86-64 image I could blow onto hardware, you'll see that the
documentation assumes you know all about systemd from the outset and I
simply didn't, so I will fight that battle some other time.