[ale] Debian fork thoughts?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 18:51:26 EST 2014

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 3:18 PM, Solomon Peachy <pizza at shaftnet.org> wrote:

> Except that already existed; it's called "Debian"

Really? I'll let the comments on [1] do most of the talking. I wanted to
link the article that post is about, but the article author changed the
content. It originally detailed how you'd have to install systemd to
install Jessie, and then jump through some hoops to get it removed after OS
install.

Even keeping it off a system upgrading from Wheezy to Jessie is a ludicrous
scenario that looks very fragile and not something that will work out well
in the long run.

[1] -- https://plus.google.com/u/0/111711190057359692089/posts/5gsV11Rijho

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
condition to which they are quickly addicted."

CH:D 59