[ale] Debian fork thoughts?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 18:42:59 EST 2014

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Jeremy T. Bouse <jeremy.bouse at undergrid.net>
wrote:

> Just don't run X11/Xorg and if you do, don't run a GNOME desktop
> environment since the GNOME project is the one that requires systemd PID 1
> and was the catalyst for Debian moving to use systemd by default.

Along with every other distro. Which is why I think it is a travesty. A
single desktop environment, that is likely not required (definitely not in
my case), should not dictate such a core system of the whole OS.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
condition to which they are quickly addicted."

CH:D 59