[ale] PGP Key servers timing out

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy.bouse at UnderGrid.net
Tue Apr 29 23:06:25 EDT 2014

On 29.04.2014 22:37, David Tomaschik wrote:
> I recommend hkps://hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net.  It gets you
> the full pool that supports hkps (TLS-encrypted connections, because
> like TLS.)

The use of HKPS is available only if you're using GnuPG 2.x and not
GnuPG 1.4.x unless you're using the curl shim variant (gnupg-curl on
Debian) though I haven't gotten that version to work. It also requires
that you download and configure the root certificate being used to sign
services under sks-keyservers.net. You can find out info on all the
pools including the configuration necessary at
https://sks-keyservers.net/overview-of-pools.php

I'll of course mention that sks.undergrid.net is part of the
hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net pool (https://sks-keyservers.net/status/).