[ale] PGP Key servers timing out

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 21:47:17 EDT 2014

Hey Jeremy,

Just got a chance to try out your suggestion of server and I'm getting
the same thing, time out error. I originally had in my config file to
search from the pool on the prior attempt and was getting essentially
the same time out error, so I'm wondering if it's something at my end.

Scott C.

On 04/29/2014 09:03 PM, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
> On 29.04.2014 17:13, Scott Castaline wrote:
>> Just recently I went to verify 2 signature files the first a few days
>> ago and the other today. Both times I got timeout errors. Today's
>> specific error is;
>>
>> gpg: requesting key 9741E8AC from hkp server pgp.mit.edu
>> gpg: keyserver timed out
>> gpg: keyserver receive failed: keyserver error
>>
>> I was trying to verify the signature file for the current Arch Linux
>> base image when doing this. I get same results whether I do it su'd to
>> root or as my user. Googleing the error had brought up some really old
>> info that didn't seem to apply when searching for answers the first
>> time. I had given up with the idea that I would try at a later date on
>> the idea that maybe the issues could be heartbleed related, but if
>> that were the case I would think that it would have been resolved by
>> now, so I'm assuming that it's something that I don't have setup
>> right. Can anyone shed some light on this?
>>
>> Scott C.
>
> If you want you can change your keyserver to use sks.undergrid.net
> which is part of the keyserver network itself. It is my contribution
> to the network and is currently a 3-node HA cluster configuration, on
> of a handful on the network.

Sent to you NSA, the CIA, FBI and God only knows who else?!