[ale] Cisco Valet connector, Ubuntu 14.04, and me.

Damon L. Chesser damon at damtek.com
Tue Apr 22 16:20:12 EDT 2014

On 04/22/2014 01:41 PM, Wolf Halton wrote:

> Roll back to 13.10? Test 14.04 on a VM?

Hmm, I could, if by rollback you mean re-install and restore data.
should have installed in a vm and attempted to passthrough the usb
wireless card.  Now that sounds interesting...

Most likely, I will test on my Debian laptop and get it running there,
and refresh my memory on how I got it to work on 13.10.  Then revisit
Ubuntu again on my desktop.  I am at a loss to explain why that kernel
module just "went away" when it was there in 14.04, was there for three
days, a (rather) small update of (who knows what packages, I was not
looking) was performed and it went away.  I thought it died, but the new
wireless of the same make does not register either.  Strange.