[ale] beer

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 20:24:07 EDT 2014

On Tuesday, April 08, 2014 06:52:42 pm Pete Hardie wrote:
> Yeah, they spin the usual propaganda against anything they think is
> 'odd' in the ingredient list - insect-based dyes (carmine, I believe)
> has been proven safe.  Now, it's not vegan/vegetarian, but that's not
> a health issue.
>
> Fish bladder?  I know of no studies that even discuss this, and unless
> it's a fugu bladder, it's as safe as the fish.
>
> Carageenan is from seaweed, and has no significant risk studies to
> date.
>
> sheesh.  The only thing good about that list was that it did include
> most of the crappy mass-produced swill that ruined the beer industry
> in America

My two observations exactly.

I dislike hfcs (high fructose corn syrup) because of what it's demand has
done to the American farm and to the demand for cane sugar in this country
(but I need more real beer to begin to discuss the cane sugar market) and
not because I believe it is seriously harmful to my body.  I was only
amused by the fact that most of the beers on the list were the American-
made crap that has done so much damage to the beer market in this country.

Mike was right when he noted that the article pegged his bullshit meter.
It pegged mine as well.

Sean