[ale] [OT] [Way OT] need to fix eye glasses or replace at reasonable cost

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Wed Sep 25 15:19:26 EDT 2013

Hi Scott, and all,

That last part doesn't sound too cool.

Here's a minor update.

I have no reason to believe that my prescription is wrong.  My far
vision while driving is good.  And, the bifocals work well when reading
something from about 6" to 12" away.

However, neither segment of the lens works well for looking at my
desktop computer screen about 2 feet away.  Either way, it's a bit
fuzzy.  Even if the bifocal did work for that, I'd have to go to the
chiropractor after pointing my chin in the air and looking through the
lower lens for hours.  Now I feel more concerned about my Dad when he
uses bifocals with his computer.  Fortunately, he's not on the computer
too much.

Rather than buy yet another pair of glasses, I found that my prior set,
2 prescriptions and about 8 years ago, works nicely for staring at the
computer screen.

So, that's what I'll use for that purpose.  Lucky I was able to find
them in a drawer.

When I leave the computer, I'll put on the new set.  I've already
verified that I can drive safely with this old pair if I had to, but
it's not much fun.

It was nice back when my eyes would do their ocular gymnastics and
automatically adapt with one pair of single vision glasses for objects
from 4" to 400 yards, but I guess that time is passed.

-sigh-

Sincerely,

Ron