[ale] If at first you don't succeed...

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Wed Sep 25 14:39:42 EDT 2013

I simply turn off any features in the router that I don't need, and thus, eliminate any security related concerns for those issues.  For my  home system, I have no need of ipv6 and so it is disabled.  I don't want any ipv6 packets getting through the firewall onto my lan unless I have a need to turn that on.  In that case, I'll research the security implications.  My lan works fine with ipv4, so that's all I let the routers process, if they even have an ipv6 option in the first place, and the older ones don't.

Sincerely,

Ron