[ale] [OT] - Ethanol-free gas in the Atlanta area?

Michael Potter michael at potter.name
Sat Sep 21 21:33:03 EDT 2013

I have been using exclusively 10% ethanol since it become available in the
early eighties.

I bought a brand new 1987 chevy celebrity and put 170,000 miles on it.  I
always ran 10% ethanol from top tier gas stations.  When I donated the car
to some charity it still got great gas milage and did not use oil. I had
the fuel injectors cleaned NO MORE than once.

Since that time I have owned several cars and always run exclusively 10%
ethanol.  I have never had any engine problems.

I really believe that running ethanol is not a problem on any car designed
to run it.

I will say this....
I had a convertible that would sometimes sit in the garage for a few weeks
at a time.  When it sat for over a week it would take a few cranks to start
it.  If I used sta-bil, it could sit for months and start on the first
crank.