[ale] [OT] - Ethanol-free gas in the Atlanta area? - and gas saving tips

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Wed Sep 18 16:30:42 EDT 2013

This is not meant to insult any Mythbusters fans.  I can't say whether #3 is valid or not.  I run with windows up and ac on for comfort and quiet.  But, I'd trust Popular Mechanics far more than Mythbusters.  I like to watch the Mythbusters show sometimes for entertainment.  However, once they did a show on some alternate energy technology that I know to be valid, and which I've studied a good bit.  The inventors of the technology have spent literally decades trying to understand certain types of electromagnetic effects and make use of them.  The Mythbusters performed, and utterly botched, some "testing" of this device which they made, incorrectly, themselves; and declared the myth to be busted.  In my mind, they only busted their own credibility.

Like I said, not meaning to offend anyone.  The show makes great entertainment.  What geek (at least the guys) doesn't like to see things smashed and blown up and dropped from high altitude?  But the show makes very shady science.  8-)

Sincerely,

Ron