[ale] [OT] Good cable modem to connect to Comcast?

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 16:12:54 EDT 2013

Comcast maintains a list of approved devices:
http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/

But basically you need something that's DOCSIS 3.0 and supports IPV6.

I have one of the Motorola Surfboards and have been happy with it...to the
point I've forgotten it's there, just works.  I only use it as a
modem/bridge though, I do all the routing/firewall stuff on another device.

--chip

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 4:04 PM, leam hall <leamhall at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any recommendations on make and model of a cable modem to plug into
> Comcast service? It should be 50 down and 10 up. HA! I'll believe it when I
> see it.
>
> Still, something mildly secure. I'll put a WAP or something on the other
> side.
>
> Leam
>
> --
> Mind on a Mission <http://leamhall.blogspot.com/>

Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....