[ale] [OT] Good cable modem to connect to Comcast?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 16:11:32 EDT 2013

I use the Motorola SB6141 [1]. A word of warning: _save your receipt_.
They tried to steal my modem by tacking on a modem rental fee two
months into my service. I had to take a copy of my receipt over to the
Comcast office to prove to them that I bought the modem independently.
And no, I couldn't just email a copy to them. The would only accept a
faxed or mailed copy over the phone.

[1] -- http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-SURFboard-SB6141-DOCSIS-High-Speed/dp/B007IMPMW4/