[ale] need 5" android tablet / phone for obd car instrumentation

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Mon Sep 16 20:25:10 EDT 2013

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the note.  Yes.  Torque is very cool.  I have it on my 10" tablet and it works fine.  But, I take that tablet out of the car every time I get out.  Also, having it sit on the seat beside me and glancing at it is a bit dangerous.  I'm looking for a new small tablet / phone and wired usb obd solution that I can leave in there all the time.  I have some potential security issues with bluetooth for use on a permanent basis and many cheap tablets don't have bluetooth.  I would run torque on the small device.  I looked at some 7" tablets and they're just a bit too big.  I have very little room to mount anything that won't obscure my vision too much or cover some important other controls in the car.  That's why I was looking for something in the 5" range.  So, I'm trying to find a complete solution with the critical components I listed for less than the price of the $ 160 scanguage.

Sincerely,

Ron